Almost any completely level surface can be used.
• Do not set pool up on driveways, decks, platforms, gravel or asphalt. Ground should be firm enough to withstand the pressure of the water.
• Mud, sand, soft / loose soil or tar are not suitable. Packed Dirt is recommended.
• Per the instruction Manual; we do not recommend using sand as a levelling agent, it is prone to shifting under the pool. If additional levelling must occur please use compacted dirt.
• In some cases grass can grow through the pool. This will only occur in the hardiest of species, such as Bermuda. The area under the pool will likely suffer dramatic effects due to lack of light and the pressure when a pool is placed on top of grass.
• To aid in the prevention of grass growing through the pool, we recommend using a ground cloth underneath the pool.